The neighborhood sheriff and his posse



The boys had their friend Nathan over to play and they were cracking me up! They got all dressed up in their camo, guns, walkie-talkies, binoculars, gernades, etc. They were playing inside and then decided to go out for a ride on the buggy. It looked hilarious watching them cruise around pretending like they were hunting for both animals and bad guys. A delivery man even played along by throwing his hands up in the air and when the kids drove by and pretended to shoot at him he grabbed his chest and fell down. That made their day. They couldn't quit laughing and talking about how funny that guy was. I thought for sure I might get a few calls from my elderly neighbors about the boys flying around waving their guns in the air. Boys will be boys and Gabe is always teaching them about guns and the importance of being safe. I know a lot of people oppose kids playing with guns but we feel like as long as we make sure they know how to use them and how to be safe with them, they won't be as curious. Kids can turn almost anything into a gun so I would rather them learn the dangers and be safe with them. Probably not a good idea to let them drive around the cul-de-sack waving them around though! I think we'll stick strictly to pretending to hunt in the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to run in to them!!