Thanksgiving at Home

This year we were very grateful to have our family back together again for Thanksgiving. We hadn't seen Gabe in a month and it was a very nice reunion when he walked through the doors of our home. Tears and all. The boys settled for hugging Gabe's legs since I wouldn't budge. We had a couple invites for Thanksgiving Dinner but decided we wanted to just spend it at home together. It was nice. We spent all day just relaxing and cooking. Redden and Ryder got to help with every dish and Ryder LOVED it. I couldn't hardly get him out of the kitchen. The next Emerill. Ranger just followed Gabe around and if he wasn't near Gabe, he was right next to Gunner. Gunner was with Gabe and Ranger missed his dog dearly.
Our turkey turned out delicious although it doesn't look as pretty because the bag pulled off some skin. Best turkey I have ever had! Thanks to my cousins Becoming Betty Blog where I got the recipe I successfully made my first turkey! We missed all of our family in Arizona but will see you all soon for Christmas. Moving around has given us the opportunity to try many new things including having holidays alone and with friends. We spent our first Thanksgiving in Texas eating at Mimi's cafe and it was delicious! I also didn't have one pot or pan to clean after. Point of the story...... don't be afraid to do things the untraditional way because sometimes they come with the best memories. Hope everyone had a good day and I am very grateful for all of you in my life. You help keep me sane.










3 comments:

Ron and Paula said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving without us! I'm sure it will be hard for Gabe to leave again but we look forward to your Christmas visit. Ryder can help me in the kitchen all he wants!

Joey and Jana said...

Very cute pictures, it looks like you all had a great time! I am glad that Gabe was able to be home with you! :) Yay!!!!

The McKnights said...

Ryder is too funny...love the turkey hat, hot festive! Ranger is looking so old...sad! I feel like we hardly even know him! It will be fun once your here to see how him and Annie play together.