Temple Lights



On Sunday night we decided to make the drive up to Salt Lake to see the beautiful lights at the temple. I have seen the Arizona Temple Lights every year but we missed last year. I missed that tradition. It was nice to see a different set of lights and get the wonderful feeling of just being on the temple grounds. The boys really wanted to take a ride on one of the horse drawn carriages circling the temple but I just couldn't bring myself to spend 50 bucks on it. They should be free on Sunday as well as the parking! Papa, get Barkley ready to pull them around the neighboorhood. Better yet, maybe I'll start that at the Arizona temple. Hmmmm. We kept the same tradition of having cocoa and doughnuts after and enjoyed every last bite.








10 comments:

Ron and Paula said...

Beautiful pics! I want to go see those lights. We are doing our traditional az temple lights on Dec. 8th. If you're not here by then we will go again!

Ron and Paula said...

P.S. Great idea to rent out Barkley to pull people around the Mesa temple. Tell Redden and Ryder that they can follow behind and be the pooper scoopers!

Nat & Tommy said...

you are the meanest sister in the whole world! I guess that doesnt make me any better of an aunt though... :( we got hime something and then waited another stupid week to send it..were lame

Stephanie Walker said...

How does the Utah temple lights compare to the Arizona ones???? Why don't you guys just come this weekend and then you will be here for the big family outing on the 8th?!!!

Maile Fano said...

these are some great pictures of you guys. I feel for you and being split from your hubby. I don't even like it when Cliff is out of town for a few days, let alone for a longer period of time. I am glad you were able to enjoy the holidays with him.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Salt Lake Temple lights when I lived in Provo and thought they were so pretty. It was way too cold, though, to enjoy them. I guess I'm just biased because I like the Mesa Temple lights the best! How fun that you guys are moving back. I keep forgetting to call you.....

Joey and Jana said...

The lights are so beautiful, I love them! It looks pretty chilly though too! :)

Kellie said...

I am so jealous! I love visiting the AZ temple lights and I really miss it being here in Houston. They just don't do that :-( Hopefully we'll make it back to AZ for Christmas in time to see the lights this year!

The McKnights said...

Aw, that is one of the things I miss the most about living in Utah...just a quick drive to the Salt Lake Temple, especially in December for the lights! I miss Salt Lake period! Looks like you guys had a good time...you got some great pic's! See you guys soon!

jenn said...

What great pictures! My night pictures never seem to turn out- those were beautiful! Looks like you had a great night.