The Rocket Derby

Redden had his first Rocket Derby.....wait.....I mean Gabe had his first Rocket Derby. It all started off on a rough note when I told Gabe to work on it with Redden the weekend I was out of town in Moab. Well, they played too much and didn't have time so Tues. came and all of the sudden I'm panicking telling him they have to finish it that night cuz pack meeting would be the next day. So, they make a trip to Home Depot and by 11:30 that night, Gabe had proudly finished his first rocket (with a lot of watching and some imput from Redden of course)! Well the next day I find out it's not until the next week so Gabe wasn't too happy with me but I said, "Hey, at least it's done now!" They made it into the shape of a bat and burned some cool marks on it and made it with Redden's name. Redden was proud to show it of but let's just say that was the best part about it! If you haven't done one of these before you're not missing out! We had to replace the stinkin' rubberbands about 4 times cuz they would keep snapping and the whole thing would come apart. We got to watch it soar across about 3/4 of the way to the finish and that was all.....one race......3/4 of the way......good job guys! We took a picture with the trophy cuz Redden thinks his looked the coolest at least! There were only about 2 rockets that worked very good. The rest of the time was spent watching the dads wind up new rubberbands while the boys ran around in a wild game of tag. How many more years do I have with this cub scout thing?!!? I say stick with the pine wood derby!



2 comments:

Ron and Paula said...

Way to go Redden! Too bad your dad is rocket challenged, maybe next year! If only papa could have helped you . . .

cindy said...

I always knew Gabe was no rocket scientist! But he does make really cute boys.