Papa and his Buddy

My dad has always been so great with all of my boys. The boys love their Papa and get so excited to go visit him or even talk to him on the phone. Ryder and my dad seem to have a special bond. Ryder always wants to go see Papa and ride Barkley with him, go to work with him, and walk with him to Big Papa's house. For Valentine's my mom and dad sent the boys some cards and in one my mom had put a picture of my dad with his deer that he had just hunted. Ryder was so upset that it was in Redden's envelope and not his. My dad was sweet enough to take the time to color Ryder this picture and it meant so much to Ryder. His eyes got even bigger than they are, if you can imagine that, and he went running around the house showing off his picture to everyone. He's had two friends come over since and he makes sure to show his special picture that is now hanging up on their magnent board-probably a permanent fixture in our house. Thanks Papa for all your love you show to my boys!

When talking to Ryder about why he loves his Papa so much, here are a few things that he said.....

Papa always talks funny like Donald Duck.
Papa is so nice to me and takes me to DBacks games and lets me ride Barkley.
I like it when Papa pretends like there is a baby buffalo in his belly. (My dad owns 3 buffalo)
Papa always makes silly eyes at me.
Papa lets me eat lots of candy at his office and pick out golf balls.





4 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweet post to showcase how awesome dad is! He is so cute with the grandkids I love it! Miss you guys.. come visit!

Anonymous said...

wow, i never knew ron was such a great artist, but i could always tell he was such a great grandpa!!

cindy said...

I forgot how funny he looked with a mustash But he is a greatgrandpa

Nat & Tommy said...

Way to give dad such a big head and make him give all the rest of us blogs a hard time for not making a dedication post to ronaldo! jk you said it more perfect than anyone else how cute dad is! Love you guys, cant wait to see you soon!! By the way, update your blog, I'm bored!!