Lake Powell

This summer Gabe and I got to go on a trip to Lake Powell with some of his friends from work. The owner of the company he works for had just bought a houseboat and wanted to treat everyone to a fun vacation. We had a blast and what I thought would be too long away from my kids flew by and I wasn't ready to leave! I had never been to Lake Powell before and having a houseboat is the way to go! It was so nice to have a place to relax, sleep, and cook in. They also brought a really nice fishing boat and we had a lot of fun fishing. Gabe always makes our boys kiss their fish that they catch before they throw it back so we had to do the same. I have to say I think I caught more than Gabe and that's all that matters! Each couple was in charge of a night to cook and all the dinners turned out yummy. We ate and ate and ate thanks to Jenny. She is an amazing cook! Gabe rented a boat from one of our friends for the weekend and we all learned how to surf. It was sooooo cool. Most of them had never seen this before but lots of people do it out here in our neighborhood. It is a lot of fun and as soon as I figure out how to put video on here I'll show you one. Thanks Angie and Sheridan for trusting us with your amazing boat, except for now Gabe thinks that he needs one of course! Well, thanks also to all those who helped with my little guys. It was my first time leaving Ranger and I was nervous but he did great and was calling my friend Carrie mom when I got home. I think he was mad at me for a few days but we survived and now I'm #1 momma again!











3 comments:

Holly H. said...

It's great to see a new post from you! I LOVE Lake Powell sooo much! Glad you had a great time!

jenn said...

Oh, this makes my heart twitter for a trip to Powell. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

Great pictures! Look at you kissing fish...I'm so impressed! Glad you had a good trip.

Dizzy Kate said...

Wow! That looks like tons of fun. It is so nice to have break sometimes and just have fun as a couple. I'm happy you had so much fun!