Out at Jubies House!

So this is my cousin Julie. Better known to me as Jubes, Jubers, or Jubie. We were very close cousins growing up and in Highschool I even ran away to her house. It only lasted two nights before it dawned on me that my mom and her sister, Julie's mom, were just as close and my every move was relayed on! I was such a crazy rebel! Running away all 10 miles to Mesa! I was probably mad because my mom wouldn't buy me the shirt that wasn't on sale at VF factory outlet. JK. Love you mom! It was actually all about this crazy hoodlem I was dating that my parents wanted to do everything in their power to keep me from. Yea um.... meet Gabe Rojas, my husband and accomplise to running away and all things bad and mexican. Hee. Hee. Nice that we can joke about it now since he is the favorite son in law and all things good and wonderful....and still mexican. Anyways, I am getting off track....back to Julie. I don't get to see my cousin Jubes as often anymore since we have lived away for the last 5 1/2 years so it is fun when we visit to get together. She has two boys and is trying very hard to compete with me on who will have more boys. Her third will be coming in August. Her and her cute family moved out to who knows what town it is and built a BEAUTIFUL home. It is gorgeous and is the perfect neighborhood for all those grown up boys that want to be young again. My boys didn't want to leave the toys but we had to say goodbye and we can't wait to see you guys next time! Take it easy with that sweet baby in your belly. Love ya Jubers!





23 comments:

Kimberly said...

fun!! I'm jealous we missed all the good times!

Ron and Paula said...

You were such a rebel! How we survived raising you I don't know!

Nat & Tommy said...

your so busted you put the biggest fattest picture of me!! Just wait your turn will be here soon, except your the cutest skinnyest pregnat girl in the entire world!!! We miss you and love you even though you posted fat pictures of me.
jubes

Lisa Erskine said...

Sounds like fun! Your story about your "mexican" husband sounds a lot like mine! :) Too funny! Cute blog!!

Dizzy Kate said...

That was funny. It is so fun to have a close cousin. I'm happy you guys had so much fun!

Emily Lauren said...

Mel, I meant to post a while ago about your general conference post. It was so neat and really made me cry :) It sometimes does feel like nobody notices all that we do, but what a great quote you posted at the end. Thanks for the deep post :)
Also, it looks like you guys had fun in AZ! Julie's house is beautiful!! And what a fun backyard.

jenn said...

Thanks for getting me back on track with your blog! =)

Fun story about you and your cousin. That's so great that you've stayed in touch and are still close after all these years.

I'm totally laughing about you and Lisa and your comments about your "mexican" hubbies. Too funny.

Stephanie Walker said...

Okay, so where is the big post about your favorite sister ever??? The one who let you stay at her house when you came to visit. The one who forgave you for flaking out on me for volleyball after I told everyone my awesome sister was going to come play with us! I'll check back soon......:)

Olayan/DeGrey said...

Mel you are so funny, I love your story, you will have to tell me more you little rebel (now I know where Ryder gets it;0 looks like your boys had a ton of fun (including Gabe who probably had the most fun of all)!

Holly H. said...

Wow... very cute house! Glad you had a good time!

Olayan/DeGrey said...

I think it might be time for you to post again :)

Patti Price said...

Hi Melanie!

It is Patti Fenter, now Price, from highschool/elliot ward, etc, etc... I was blog hopping and found you! Holy Cow you look as great as you did in highschool!

That s so cool that you married Gabe Rojas! I had no idea youhad married him. Sterlng Leavitt is in our Stake Presidency, and Buck and his wife are in our ward! Anyways Mike and I were at little Philmont and I was talking to brother Leavitt and when I told him I grew up in Gilbert, he asked if I knew your family and mentioned you had married Gabe and were in Utah! Sorry, I know, long ramble.

Your boys are so cute! I have 3 kiddos too, two boys Dawson (almost 7), Peyton 15 mos, and my daughter Emmalee is 4, but thinks she is 16.

Feel free to browse our blog;
http://weightlossblob.blogspot.com/

Olayan/DeGrey said...

did you forget your password;) ???

Olayan/DeGrey said...

ahhhhh hcummmm "SLACKER" get on it already... p.s. do you want to know what I found in my shoe???

Olayan/DeGrey said...

so... do you think Gabe can stay at work till MMMM I don't know like 9 pm tonight so that you can update your blog?

The Hoyt Family said...

Hey woman! Send me your email address...mine is mikeandjessica@hotmail.com

Jess

Anonymous said...

Julie's house is gorgeous! It was fun to see you and your boys when you were here a few months ago. You always look so cute! Keep having fun in Utah!

Nat & Tommy said...

BORING!!! new posts....please!

Maile Fano said...

Hey there. I just saw your sight from Wyndee's blog and thought I would check it out and have now read quite a bit of it. Give me your email so I can invite you to mine. mikiobandmann@hotmail.com

Olayan/DeGrey said...

Alright, wasn't your vacation long enough??? get back to blogging already! If you need me to take your boys so you can I sure will...

Olayan/DeGrey said...

ARRRRGHHHHH, didn't you just get home from a vaca???

Stephanie Walker said...

Okay, now i'm gonna leave one too! I was hoping to get on this morning and find a bunch of fun posts!!! Get to it!! :)

Larissa said...

Hi Melanie,
It's Larissa (Markland) from GHS. I found your blog through Melissa Bosen's. Fun to see pics of your kids and find out a little about what you're up to! Tell your sister Stephanie I said hi, too.
By the way, I love your background - where'd you get it?